Monday, September 30, 2013

A Kitchen Teaser

Kitchen by Marjorie Johnston & Co.

So the little house I live in was built in the '20s as guest quarters, and it has a kitchen that certainly reflects that. The ceilings are soaring (with cabinets that do make full use of that space), but the extremely limited square footage makes it a bit of a squeeze. (Think 63 sq ft.... then add a fridge, a dishwasher, sink, etc.) 

Deep gray-blue kitchen by San Fran designer Jonathan Rachman

Take into consideration the fact that I've started doing a lot more cooking at home, and now I cannot stop dreaming of a kitchen renovation! I've got lots more beautiful kitchen photos to show you, but, with my regular computer in the hospital (LOVE Best Buy's insurance program, by the way), it will be a sec before I can post all of them. So here is a sample: a couple of bright, well-planned spaces that are currently inspiring me!

Here's to a great week ahead!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment