Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Turkish Treasure

Design by John Saladino

Hello, all!

I am so sorry to have been away for so long! The holidays are certainly upon us and visiting family, setting up Christmas trees, and, not to mention, moving have set me back a bit!

Anyway, I wanted to share one of my favorite treasures I found this last summer, oddly enough in Florida: my Turkish cistern. I think they were originally used in fountains in the ancient baths there, and are generally made of very heavy marble or granite (as my mom and I found out when we were trying to haul that thing onto the table).

I enjoyed searching for how other artistic individuals out there employed their treasures....

Bathroom in home of photographer, Pieter Estersohn

Living area in home of Juan Carlos Arcila-Duque

My new place, a lovely little white house in a historic section of town, is still a work in progress, but, as I'm sure you all know, good design takes time! With that said, you must be kind when looking at these next two photos!


I nestled the glowing white basin between my two vintage lamps and found that gorgeous cascading rosemary plant to go in it. I love having herbs in the house: natural aromatherapy at its best!


The room has five windows and gets a good deal of light, although it's hard to tell in these photos since we've been experiencing our typical Alabama winter gloom recently.

I am slowly getting projects done, like the gallery-style grouping of pictures (in the top left area of the photo above) and the custom pillows on the couch (in funky-yet-neutral tigerstripe and deep aubergine fabrics). The fringed, pale orange, herringbone throw is by Sferra and was a gift from my super-stylish Mom.

There will be plenty more pictures to come, so make sure to check back often.

Have a happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment