Friday, September 17, 2010

Ships ahoy!

Ship from Z Gallerie

It's mere hours away from the weekend, so I figured I'd have a little bit of fun with things today!

I enjoy a nautical theme, appreciate glitz, and especially love whimsy. So, as you can imagine, I was totally enthralled by these pirate ship chandeliers that seem to be popping up everywhere! When I walked into Z Gallerie recently and saw one in person, I was hooked. They really are fantastic!

Unknown

I love how they add fantasy to traditional interiors! Everything in the room by Alessandra Branca below says "traditional": the wallpaper, the curtains, the table, and the chairs. But, throw in that chandelier, and you've got instant charm and enchantment!



In this apartment by Muriel Brandolini, the ship only adds to the playfulness already present in the rest of the furnishings.


Room styled by Lili Diallo


I love this bathroom by Katie Ridder. The way the blue tiles stop half way up the wall has the effect of waves. It is so bright and fresh!


In fashion designer Nanette Lepore's den, a cozy moodiness is offset by the lively sparkle of the ship. I absolutely love this room. Each piece is so great: that Moroccan inlaid table, the bust, the chesterfield sofa, the gilded nesting tables, the mid-century orange chair, that rug! What a perfect blend of fun, comfort, and glamour!


And speaking of glamour..... Here is one last example of these fabulous fixtures. This one is from the home of Jennifer Nicholson, daughter of Jack Nicholson, and was featured in House and Garden magazine.

Whether modeled after schooners or Spanish galleons, these delightful chandeliers playfully convey history, but with a decided nod to rebelliousness. (Just like those pugnacious pirates!)

No comments:

Post a Comment