Thursday, April 28, 2011

Heart of Dixie

Photo by Sally Mann from Deep South

Yesterday, the South was hit by massive storms. Tornadoes, some a mile wide, ripped through parts of Alabama, including Birmingham and my hometown. There are so many people hurting here today. There are still so many people missing, so many people gone (160 and counting), and so many people's homes destroyed.

I want to appeal to all of my readers today, if you want to help out, give to Alabama's chapter of the American Red Cross. If you go to "Donate Now", select "American Red Cross Disaster Relief", and then you can select the county to receive the funds. (Birmingham-Jefferson is where I live and Calhoun County is where I am from.)

Photograph by Sally Mann

Thank you for your support, and thoughts and prayers for everyone across the South today.

No comments:

Post a Comment