Monday, April 18, 2011

Seaside Sublime

Dining area by Stephen Sills - Photo courtesy of Architectural Digest

I think I have a serious case of spring fever. Ever since it started warming up here, I cannot stop dreaming of the beach.

Study by Westbrook Interiors

So, what better way to channel that yearning than to imagine my very own beach house? (I love how the study above exudes a sort of Charleston/Isle of Palms kind of beachy vibe.)

Foyer by Nathan Turner

Let's see, it would need to be light and bright, but still elegant. (I'm not much of one for themes.)

Living area by Tom Scheerer

It would certainly need lots of space for lounging. (It is a vacation home after all!)

Seating area by Lauren Gold and Sasha Adler of Nate Berkus Associates

If you can't tell, I am quite fond of pale pinks and blues in a beach house. To me, it keeps the color palette cool and soft, but has an element of the unexpected.

Outdoor dining area by Kemble Interiors

It would also need a gorgeously lush outdoor area...

Kitchen by Bonesteel Trout Hall

... And a bright and airy kitchen. (I just love the color of the cabinetry!)

Bedroom by Domino founding editor Deborah Needleman

Of course, you would also want your guests to have a comfortable place to stay.

Vignette by Bunny Williams

But, most importantly, you must have a beautiful bedroom retreat for yourself!

Bedroom by Sara Gilbane Interiors

Here's to a wonderful week ahead, you guys! (And, hopefully, a beach getaway too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment