Thursday, May 19, 2011

Heaping Spoonful

Sitting area by Steven Volpe

I love to see how various (and quite different) designers use the same piece of furniture. Here, I am featuring just a few photos of graceful spoonback chairs. They are so lovely and, as you can see, quite adaptive to their environments.

Living room by Barry Dixon

What an eclectic assortment of pieces here. (Love those touches of yellow combined with a gray-toned base. Isn't that just one of the most perfect color combinations?)

Seating area by Alessandra Branca

Here, Mrs. Branca uses a more dramatic, black-painted chair to complete a fireside arrangement.

Living room by Jeffrey Bilhuber

I love Bilhuber's use of unexpected items in a room. He manages to create interest, without overwhelming the viewer. The room above is actually quite serene, despite the bold, oversized artwork, touches of saturated color (LOVE the purple chair), and sharp angles of the star accessory.


Living room in home of designer Paula Caravelli

Sorry for such a quick post, but I am getting my wish and heading to the beach today! (Yay!) I hope you all have a great remainder of your week and I will be back with more beautiful rooms on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment