Monday, May 23, 2011

In living color

A glimpse of the many pillow options at Kathryn Ireland's West Hollywood store

A friend of mine just recently purchased the most fabulous, most enormous, vintage rug. The massive piece is 10 by 14 feet and is alive with color. Indigo blues, fiery reds, and leafy greens mingle in happy patterns all over. I am unsure of its origin, but it is handmade and signed in a language that I could not read. So unique!

One corner of the folded rug

As I was looking through my pictures of the rug (and its new home) today, the bold colors and exotic designs immediately made me think of a similarly exuberant designer: Miss Kathryn M. Ireland.


Using fabrics from toiles to suzanis (and everything in between), Ireland creates one-of-a-kind, fun, festive, and truly liveable interiors.


I love the Spanish flair that many of her homes have. So effortlessly elegant!


What do you think about her color combos? Could you be this daring in your own home?


Here's to living a colorful life and having a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment