Friday, November 19, 2010

This week's favorites


Hello, all! Today I wanted to give you a glimpse inside my cluttered, design-craving brain and show you the interiors that I've been pining over this week!

The photos above and below are from the home of the fabulous Candace Bushnell, which was designed with the help of Susan Forristal. I seriously cannot get enough of this room! The pairing of the polite furnishings (like that settee) with modern accessories (check out the multi-colored poufs!) creates such an artful, yet lively air to the space. I love all the colors too: that pretty coral velvet on the chaise and the blue-grays of the upholstery and walls.


Another photo that has caught (and kept) my eye is the one below of a room designed by Erinn Valencich of Omniarte.


I love the cool blue of the walls paired with the bright green of the chairs. What do you think makes this room so special?


Gary Spain created the bright, eclectic room above. What a wonderful combination of textures (like, sisal, lucite, hides, and wood)! Love that cozy Egg chair, too!


Isn't this room by Anne Coyle so comfy-looking? What do you think about a velvet couch with pets? I don't know, but it is gorgeous! That pale lavender color is so soothing, too, and looks great paired with the gray-brown of the couch and coral of the pillows.

This last photo was taken in the home of the extremely talented Windsor Smith. Plush, a bit exotic, and definitely glamorous, this room is a great example of her amazing work. (And you can't go wrong with those pink walls!)


I think my favorite thing about these rooms is that they look real, like you could actually live in them: sit down, have a glass of wine, watch TV, work on the computer. Isn't that what a home is for, after all?

Happy Friday! I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment