Tuesday, March 24, 2015

All That Glitters

May or may not be gold?... I just researched this and, apparently, "all that glitters is gold" is a misquote from Shakespeare's "Merchant of Venice". It's supposed to be "all that glisters is not gold". Who knew?!

Katie By Design

Anyway, I'm not feeling particularly chatty today, so I'll let these beautiful photos speak for themselves. I love all the mirrored, metallic, gilded, and glossy accents in these rooms. Enjoy!

Photo courtesy of Veranda

Lilly Bunn Interiors

Suzanne Kasler

Alice Lane Home

Alice Lane is a designer I've only recently found via the Pink Peonies fashion blog, when they worked together to create this insane closet!

Yvonne O'Brien

I love that Ms. O'Brien's talent spans across such varied projects, from estates on a golf course (like the one above) to tree camps in the wilderness of Africa.

Kay O'Toole via Cote de Texas

Veere Grenney via Veranda

And last but not least......

Victoria Hagan

Sooooo pretty! I love how she touches on art deco, but without making it a theme. It just shines.

Well it looks like I may have a fun little experiment coming up soon. I've been meaning to do another "Take Home" post, where I sort of build a room from scratch - based around one inspirational element - and now I've been approached to do just that. How fun! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment