Thursday, July 7, 2011

Captivating

Photo from Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles - Courtesy of Greige blog

Hello, all! I hope everyone is having a nice day so far! Today I just wanted to do a quick post featuring a few pictures/designs that have captured my attention recently. It is so funny to me the way my obsession with these design photos changes from week to week. I guess that is the problem (or the benefit) of looking at so many gorgeous interiors: there are always new spaces to fall in love with!

Bedroom by Dan Marty

I feel like, when it comes to my own sense of design, I have the figurative angel and devil on my shoulders. The angel says, "Keep it calm and well edited, not too many colors".... and then there is the little devil who is always shouting, "More!" Ha! (I have to admit, I listen to that side far more frequently!) It is hard to deny that side of me when designers like Marty (above) are constantly showing how wonderfully luxurious and cozy "more" can be!

Vignette by Todd Alexander Romano

Here Romano illustrates one of my favorite strategies: gathering unexpected items (of myriad ages and styles) together into a single, seamless design! Vintage rattan chairs are paired with a Spanish Rococo chest while classic blue-and-white china lives happily with Mexican folk art. Even the way the pictures are hung has an element of the unexpected. So fabulous!

Seating area by Jackye Lanham

This last picture showcases my love of all things nautical. I love, love, love antique ship paintings, porthole mirrors, old anchors, and heavy rope accents. This style has that transcendent quality, taking me back to another time of pirates and armadas. How rich historical accents make a home!

Well, I hope you all have a happy day and I will be back with more gorgeous pics for you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment