Thursday, July 14, 2011

Green with envy

Dining room by Grant Gibson

Green is not a color I really turn to in design, but, after several of my friends requested that as the foundation of their rooms' color schemes, I had to give it a second look.

I do love vibrant color, and this leafy, emerald green (like in the pic above) is one I can definitely see using. However, the other shades in this post certainly give me pause to rethink my opinion of this quite diverse hue.

Living room by Jeff Andrews - Photo courtesy of Trad Home

Love those flared, wing-back chairs by the fireplace! (So much so that I am actually sitting in one of my own right now!)

Enoteca restaurant design by Angie Hranowsky

I love the very classic-yet-cool vibe of this restaurant. What an interesting twist the green curtains and banquette give to the space.

Green leather chair at Scout Designs office

Study by Kim Winkler of Westbrook Interiors

Dining room by Melanie Elston

Living room by Markham Roberts

Roberts shows here what a perfect match green is with grays and deep aubergine.

Library by Timothy Whealon

This last room is so beautiful: glowing wood bookcase, wool oriental rug, and rich green velvet chairs. Classic!

I hope you are all having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment