Monday, July 4, 2011

Every heart beats true 'neath the red, white, and blue

Bedroom by Sara Gilbane

Hello, all! I am so sorry for my long break in posting, but I have a very good (and very happy) excuse! My sister welcomed her second child, Lydia, a couple of weeks ago and I have been busy with babies ever since!

I wanted to do a quick post today, though, to commemorate my absolute favorite holiday that we celebrate here in the States: Independence Day! (Sorry to all my Brit readers out there!) Summer is my favorite season and the Fourth falls smack in the middle of it. Plus, it is a very laid-back holiday (aka, no presents to be bought or fancy meals to be cooked or extensive travel to be undertaken). It's about appreciating where you are and family, fireworks, and fun!

Bedroom by Sara Gilbane

So, what better color scheme to feature than good old red, white, and blue! How festive!

Living room by Lulu Powers

Rich, saturated color in a room by Miss Powers.

Seating arrangement by Meg Braff

Love all the chinoiserie accents in this space!

Home of Kate Spade - Photo courtesy of The Selby

Red heats up this corner of the Spade's home library...

Living area by Tobi Fairley

While Miss Fairley keeps this space cool with a paler, more turquoise shade of blue.

Design by Martyn Lawrence Bullard

Million Dollar Decorator's Martyn Lawrence Bullard goes traditional with toile, a grand piano, and a collection of blue and white china.

Home of Joaquín Sabina - Photo courtesy of Nuevo Estilo

A full and fanciful room in the home of Spanish singer Joaquin Sabina.

Sitting room in the J.K. Place Capri hotel by Michele Bonan

Isn't this room so crisp and classy, yet so bright and comfortable? Ideal interiors for a Capri getaway, I'd say!

Bedroom by Tom Scheerer

Classic Scheerer: cozy and offbeat. As usual, I love it!

Living room in Manhattan apartment of Sig Bergamin

Our final pics of the day are from the Manhattan pied-à-terre of Sig Bergamin. I love the irreverent artwork and wild combination of pattern here. Certainly the spirited and colorful interiors I would expect from a lively Brazilian!

Living room in Manhattan apartment of Sig Bergamin

I hope you all have a wonderful day (or holiday), wherever you may be!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Nice Article Thanks for sharingYour blog posts are more interesting and impressive.hoped you got some use out of these tips It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not that good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to others and they ejoyed it as well.

    We offer a variety of styles decorative light including at affordable price

    crystal chandelier

    lighting fixtures

    Pendant lighting

    flush mount lighting

    and more.

    ReplyDelete