Friday, July 29, 2011

No Small Task

Arrangement by Brad Ford

I have been working on my small home office/study recently and am currently researching lighting options. Although I sometimes do lean toward the traditional (a classic bouillotte lamp is one of my absolute faves), I can totally see the stylistic benefit of modern pieces. 

Bedroom by Barbara Wiseley

More specifically, I am focusing on task lamps and the way that such a decidedly modern lighting fixture can be juxtaposed with more traditional, or even rustic, interiors to create the feeling of a perfectly curated space.

Bedroom by Michael S. Smith

Bedroom in beach house of West Elm creative director, Alex Bates

Although, one must admit, they're quite at home in more contemporary digs as well...

JK Place Hotel in Florence designed by Michele Bonan

Home of Monelle Totah of Williams Sonoma Home

I love the wall-mounted lamps below. What a grand statement they make! Plus, they perfectly frame the artwork and save table space!

Home of Eccola owners Kathleen and Maurizio Almanza

Anthropologie is offering a similar look with their "Robson" sconce. I love its cool, streamlined, industrial look.

Anthro "Robson" Sconce

Photo courtesy of El Sabor de lo Antiguo blog

When chrome and polished nickel versions are used, they act almost as jewelry for the room, adding just the right amount of sparkle.

Living room by Vicente Wolf

How would you use this style of lighting in your own home?

Vignette by Ryan Korban

I love the combination of elements above: the classic Louis XVI-style sidechair, the mid-century mod dresser, the classic sculpture... those fabulous lamps! (Not to mention the presentation of artwork!)

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment