Thursday, March 3, 2011

Everywhere I look.... Zebra!

Foyer by Luisa Olazábal - photo courtesy of Nuevo Estilo

I thought I would start a series that features finishes, styles, and items that keep popping up everywhere. I can't really say these things are trends, as design seems to be a big, swirling pool of ideas, where things come and go and come again. These are merely things I see and that I like. I hope you like them too!

Living room by Deborah Lipner

I love the look of layered rugs, and, here, Miss Lipner has done it beautifully: laying the exotic hide (the only pattern in the room) over a neutral Stark rug.

Living room by Keith Johnson of Anthropologie

Ever the fervent collector, it is hard to imagine Keith Johnson not having a zebra hide in his home!

Living area by Eric Cohler

I like how stately, yet warm and serene, this living room seems to be.

Design by Cindy Witmer - photo courtesy of Cote de Texas

I guess the same could be said for the room above. I love how zebra gives such traditional rooms a twist, and keeps them from being too formal or fussy.

Design by Martyn Lawrence-Bullard

 Love the banquette, love the wingback chair, love the wall color... love the zebra!

Design by Ethan Feirstein and Ari Heckman

Totally cool!

Bedroom by Hernán Arriaga

Totally exotic!

Sunroom by Todd Alexander Romano

How many textures and patterns can you fit in one room? A lot! Romano shows us that plaid and florals, wicker and chrome can all live happily together in a sunny room like this one!

Design by Eddie Ross and Jaithan Kochar

From fresh to modern or cozy to grand, zebra can run the gamut of styles!

No comments:

Post a Comment