Monday, March 28, 2011

Office Space

Design by Kelly Wearstler

Many people work from home these days or, if not, they at least end up taking work home with them. As such, it seems that the need for a home office has risen, leading designers to create individualized spaces for their clients that marry style and function.

Design by Melissa Rufty

Some don't need a whole room designated as an office, merely a small space to sit with a laptop.

Space by Phoebe Howard

The talented Mrs. Howard shows her versatility with these two workspace incarnations.

Office by Phoebe Howard

Design by Molly Luetkemeyer of M. Design Interiors

I love this accent wall covered with this brilliant Rousseau-esque mural. (One of my favorite painters!) Sometimes an office needs to bring inspiration to the owner and what better way than with colorful artwork!

Office in home of Yves Saint Laurent - design by Victor Grandpierre

Maybe it is all that fuchsia, but I am loving this very French interpretation of a home office above. Tres beau!

Design by Jay Jeffers

Jeffers shows us how to go totally mod with this neutral office.

Design by Windsor Smith

Absolutely gorgeous... Typical Windsor Smith.

Space by Kemble Interiors

Design by Martensen Jones

Home of Melissa Warner of Massucco Warner Miller

How cheerful is this home office? A Louis Ghost Chair and tailored tablecloth keep it light and airy, while the wallpapered closet doors add some fun.

Design by Gary Spain

I love Gary Spain... I mean LOVE him.

Office by Keith Johnson of Anthropologie

Great combination of elements here: rough wood, muted tones, mod lamp, Mac computer.

Design by Sara Gilbane

One of the looks I love is a big, cozy wingback chair pulled up to a desk. So here is where I currently sit... My vintage flared wingback, with Greek key throw and custom silk pillow, sits next to my antique, leather-inlaid desk (which has been my desk since I was a child). The mint julep cup holding my colored pencils is from One Kings Lane and the other pencil holder is from House Parts in Atlanta.

My very own workspace

Do you have a home office or workspace? Or do you hang out on the couch with a laptop? I'd love to know or see pictures!

Here's to a great week ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I love the image of Sara Gilbane's work. I see you didn't make a comment--wondering what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete