Friday, March 4, 2011

This girl just wants to have fun!

Living room by Jenny Keenan

I was walking by my copy of "William Yeoward At Home" just now, and it reminded me that decorating is meant to be fun. It is not brain surgery; there will be no casualties from it. (Unless designer and client come to blows, I suppose?... Ha!)

Living room by Jennie Keenan

So why not play with color, pattern, texture? Why not collect random things, just because they speak to you - whether high end or low brow?

Bedroom by Amelia Handegan

I think, in these times when so many people are burdened with hardships, it is good to remember all the wonderful things with which we are blessed (whether it be family, friends, a roof over our heads, or the pretty decorations we pour over).

Home of Christine d'Ornano of Sisley

So, as you and I look at these colorful spaces, we must remember to be confident in ourselves, be brave, and - most of all - have fun!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment