Wednesday, October 27, 2010

You are my sunshine

Unknown design
 Well, it is a gray and dreary day here in Alabama and I am needing a little pick-me-up. So, I thought good spaces to feature today are those that are lit from within, doused in sunny yellows.

Entry by Katie Ridder

I like the idea of leaving the cold, dark, and damp outside, and retreating into cozy, cheerful interiors like these. The yellow wallpaper that Ridder uses above is done in a warm tone, making for an inviting entrance.


Robert Passal uses a pale, buttery yellow to lighten up this large bedroom. I like how he contrasts such a bright hue with plush velvets in darker tones.



Jay Jeffers uses a hefty dose of lemony shades in the living room above and, again, in the second floor landing below.

I absolutely love this swing! It was one of my dream items to have in a house when I was a kid! (Along with a spiral staircase and a walk-in closet with a huge tufted ottoman and chandelier. I dreamed big!)


Dining room by Kelly Wearstler


Yellow is certainly a go-to color for coastal interiors, such as this living room in a Palm Beach condo by Aman & Carson. It keeps things light and cheery, and reminds you to smile cause you're at the beach!


Dining room by Leslie Klotz

With yellow, a little goes a long way, as Klotz illustrates in the dining room above in a lovely Hamptons beach house.


Stephen Shubel takes a more reserved approach with his use of this sunny shade as well, featuring it only in the drapery fabric surrounding the crisp white bed. (Don't you just love that stack of books as a nightstand? It makes the room feel so casual and lived-in.)

Our last photo of the day comes to us courtesy of the talented design duo John Dransfield and Geoffrey Ross from their fabulous Somerset County, New Jersey home.

I love everything about this house, featured in the July/August 2010 edition of Elle Decor, and this room is no exception. I love the black leather sofas, the driftwood table, the collection of sketches surrounding the mirror. Purely great design!


Hope you're having a sunny day wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment