Thursday, October 21, 2010

You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you

Room by Timothy Whealon
There is nothing more decadently feminine than a vanity, and I absolutely love them! I think I love the idea of having a place reserved just for your daily, girly activities. It is far better than leaning over the bathroom sink!


Plus, vanities and dressing tables give you the opportunity to bring some glamour into a space. Look at the fabulous bathroom by Stephen Shubel above. I love the color of the walls (guaranteed to make you look like you just came back from St. Tropez!) and those billowing silk curtains. (Have I mentioned I love silk?)

Room by Martensen Jones Interiors

Bedroom by Meg Braff
It appears a lot of designers turn to mirrored pieces to find that touch of glamour. I love all the different incarnations of this diva staple: femmed-up (like the version by Braff above), flashy and European, or truly eclectic.

Design by Martyn Lawrence Bullard

Unknown design
However, you may prefer to have a simple and quietly elegant place all to yourself, like in Broadway producer, Candia Fisher's, Manhattan bedroom (designed by Aman & Carson).


Although you may not have space for a true dressing table, I think it's important to create a space just for you (even if it is just a small mirror and shelf, or an antique valet, like in the home of Waterwork's Barbara Sallick below). 


Here's to convenient primping for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment