Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Dash of Drama

Living room by Charles de Lisle

Hello, all! I am quite excited today, for I am finally posting from the comfort of my own home, at my very own computer! My internet connection was set up mere hours ago and my pretty new desktop has a screen so big and bright, I am practically drooling at my collection of design photos!

So, without further ado, let's get to the pics! Today I wanted to post a couple of photos that exude drama. (I am just in a dramatic mood, I guess!)

I think what sets that tone in the room above is the black/white contrast, the graphic, modern artwork, and the bold pattern on the chair fabric. (Is it Vervain perhaps? They seem to like the fuzzy embellishments!)


Despite the limited amount of furniture/accessories in this entry by Katie Ridder, the space feels pretty dramatic. I think it is due to the color and finishes (i.e., white/black contrast again, bright artwork, polished floor, sparkling chandelier). What do you think?

Design by Delphine Krakoff

Okay, I'm starting to see the pattern here... More black and white perhaps?

Living room by Windsor Smith

I believe that Miss Smith certainly knows drama, but I think the best word to describe her work (especially this room) is "glamorous"!

Our last photo of the day is of a room by the talented Madeline Stuart. I have not been so into red recently, but I cannot help but be drawn to the drama it so delicately imbues in this warm, sophisticated space. Many of her interiors seem to have this mysterious hint of the exotic that takes what would be traditional spaces to a different level. A true talent indeed! (What do you think of that floral wallpaper? I am actually a fan!)


On a side note, some of my friends have suggested that I start adding more personal touches to the blog, such as fabrics I am in love with, furniture I am having reupholstered, etc., so look out for these new topics in the near future. And definitely let me know what you think!

Have a good rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment